Learn about the creator: Beth Godbee, Ph.D., writer, educator, researcher, and coach.
Learn how to connect through coaching, courses, retreats, workshops, and other offerings.
Learn about the commitments that guide this work.
Living for justice means making commitments to justice actionable in everyday life.
Actions are highlighted in blog posts and grouped into eight categories:
- engaging regularly in contemplative practices, including meditation, divination, and reflective writing.
- considering what emotional literacies—embodied awarenesses, knowledges, intelligences, and response-abilities—are needed when striving toward justice.
- practicing everyday feminism, or a way of living that counters oppression and aligns with commitments to equity and justice.
- advocating for matters in higher education, including more meaningful teaching and learning, career discernment, and equity in education.
- learning from others through interviews, which offer multiple answers to the question: “How do you strive toward justice?”
- striving toward racial justice and interrupting whiteness, white supremacy, and intersectional inequities.
- enjoying vegan recipes toward eating in a way that minimizes harm and nourishes the body.
- connecting the personal question of why vegan? with the political work of ecofeminism and movements for social, racial, gender, economic, and environmental justice.
Through blog posts, you’ll delve into these and other matters.
You’ll also learn about me—the author, Beth Godbee—an educator and former professor who believes our fully embodied selves matter in the world.
We can’t just think our way out of the incredible injustices, dehumanization, violence, and wrongdoing that characterize everyday life. We must feel and act, too.
We need our heart, head, and hands for envisioning and enacting a more just world. We need deep commitments to justice and an attitude of “try-try again” for striving to live out these commitments—both in everyday moments and for the long haul.
This vision guides the work you’ll find here. Weaving the mundane and material with deeply relational, ideological, and spiritual matters, this is a space for you. A messy, imperfect, human space. A space for making commitments, striving, learning, and unlearning.
Want to learn more? Take a look around the site, read some recent blog posts, and check out a course or two. Reach out if you’d like to try coaching, and subscribe via Patreon for additional content, tailored feedback, and community support.
On this journey with and alongside you,